Sunday, August 3, 2008

Tucson Trip



So, I finally got a chance to go home and visit beautiful Tucson. I wanted to visit before Tom and Becky moved and I had a wonderful time seeing everyone.

Tom and Becky were kind enough to open their home to me and the girls (thank you guys!) which I understand was a feat simply because they are trying to show the house so it has to look unlived in at all times.

We had to stay a night longer than intended too because we had a little accident. While having our final family get together, the typical fried chicken at the park, all the grandkids were playing on and around the jungle gym. Kori found a bubble wand and proceded to place it in her mouth, so horrible Mommy took it away. Kori didn't like that and proceded to throw her self on the ground while Mommy threw the wand away. While on my way to the trash can I heard the sound of her cries change. I looked back to see her standing and swatting at her legs. I ran over and sure enough poor little Kori was covered in small fire ants. After Becky saved the day with some Benadryl Kori's leg looked less like a swollen red mass and you could actually see all the bite marks. I counted them a few days later and came to 180 before Kori wiggled away. But after all that she was still playing and having a good time with the other kids.
Here is a shot of Kori's leg on Saturday (left) after the incident.
The bites look a little better on Sunday (right) but they have little white heads on them.

No comments: